The 2015 Sustainability Summit seeks to address critical issues surrounding businesses. This summit will be taking place on the 29-30 September at the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE), Sandton. The ever changing environment, addressing risks, innovation, social change, searching opportunities etc. These are topics to be addressed during the summit.
Amongst the speakers, will be Dr Tim Grice, Head of Social Innovation, Sustainable Minerals Institute University of Queensland. Mr Grice will share industry case studies focused on sustainability challenges associated with the global resources sector, with a particular focus on project design, social change, economic inclusion and human capital development.
Mxolisi Mgojo, CEO Designate, Exxaro Resources- Resilient Business the Exxaro journey will also address the attendee’s at this year’s event. He will bring insightful knowledge as he has been in the industry for some years.
Along with the mentioned individuals who will be presenting at this years summit, to name a few, will be Mr Alf Wills (Deputy Director General: Environmental Advisory Service, Department of Environmental Affairs), Women in mining South Africa, Jeremy Mann (Consultant Program Manager, AMIRA Intl, South Africa), Corli le Roux (Headof Global Resources Index, JSE).
Issues that will be touched on at the Sustainability Summit will also be addressing topics that our Government seek to address. South African national Government is strongly committed to unleashing the potential of the green economy, by doing so, Government seeks to address the high unemployment rate that the country faces. These are stated in the “New Growth Path” strategy document, which is a document classifying the green economy as one of the ten “job drivers”.
Register to attend and come meet the giants in the industry to help you direct your business into a sustainable route.
7 Reasons to attend Summit 2015
- Become a member: The 2015 Summit will inaugurate an active African and global network of individuals, corporates, government agencies and NGO’s all working together towards resilient business transformation. Register and you automatically become a member of this active global sustainability network.
- The best brains to pick: Actively Engage with peers in “Resilient Business Transformation”. The Resource and adjacent industries requires business model innovation to ensure global competiveness and differentiation, take part in the trusted collaboration platform where we will find solutions through systems thinking. Some of those brains include: Ronny Webber, Mxolisi Mgojo, Tim Grice, Corli le Roux and Noleen Dube.
- Green Jobs: Understand and implement the potential of Green Jobs in South Africa (pls link attached PDF article here)
- Update: The latest on Operation Phakisa: Resource Industry Enablement initiative of the South African Government [http://www.miningweekly.com/article/mining-phakisa-can-help-unlock-mining-]
- Impactful Investment: The latest on ESG (Environmental Social Governance) – leveraging for Integrated Reporting and Compliance [ https://www.jse.co.za/services/market-data/indices/socially-responsible-investment-index]
- Fish-bowl Communities of Practice: Day 2 of the Summit is where the rubber will hit the road and we will get our hands dirty – digging for solutions and mapping out journeys ahead.
- Free UBER rides to and from Sandton Gautrain station – UBER is disrupting business as usual – as we all have witnessed, we think it is a really fantastic way of implementing circular economy principles.
Be part of the solution-seekers and share your case studies. Book now to allocate your seat!